What is dirty electricity? It is electromagnetic frequencies (EMF) coming into a place of business or home that exceed 60 Hz. The additional frequencies come into the home or business via electrical wiring and radiate into the living space. Some of the symptoms reportedly experienced by the public are:
- Sleep Disturbances
- Cognitive Impairment
- Heart Arrhythmia
- Weakness of the nervous endocrine and immune systems
- Increase risk of serious chronic illnesses, i.e. cancer.
(Note: these effects have not necessarily been verified.)
What causes “dirty power” to occur? Here are some of the common sources:
- Solar systems inverters (converting DC power to AC Power)
- PLC Smart Meters (sending data over the powerlines by adding additional frequencies)
- Wireless Smart Meters that add pulse frequencies to the power lines
- CFL (compact fluorescent light bulbs) and LED light bulbs
- Light dimmer switches
- Electrical devices in your home and on the grid that have a switch-mode power supply (SMPS)
- Wireless technology (all wireless frequencies conducted along copper wiring).
So…what can we do to prevent dirty electricity from occurring or reduce the severity?
Some companies sell filters that plug into your living space outlets that eliminate these frequencies. There are other filters sold on the market called whole-house filters. But the best method to handle this issue is to find out the sources in your home, business or grid and try to eliminate them.
Instead of having wireless in your home or business, go to a wired application to get internet access. If wireless is desired or needed, then timers could be used to turn off the wireless when not in use. Reduce the amount of time spent on your electronic devices. There are a lot of options on this subject that can help deal with different situations. Doing your homework and asking questions are key to finding a solution to this problem.