Certified Industrial Hygiene Consulting has an opening for an Industrial Hygiene Technologist. We provide industrial (occupational) hygiene consulting services to oil/gas, general industry, research and government in Western Canada. The successful applicant will be based out of our office in Calgary. We measure worker exposures to chemicals, gases, dusts, fibres, noise, and radiation. We also perform mould and indoor air quality assessments in offices. We have a stable work force due to regular contracts with many of the major companies in the oil/gas industry. Training will be provided to assist the right candidate to become proficient in this desirable field. However, industrial hygiene and oil and gas experience is preferred.
- Preparation and calibration of monitoring equipment.
- Communication with clients.
- Site monitoring and observations.
- Technical writing and report preparation.
- Other related duties as required.
- Travel and work outside of the Calgary office depending on project requirements (50-75% travel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and efficient with time.
- Ability to make independent decisions and work with little supervision.
- Enthusiastic team player with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Strong ability to meet changing deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and easily learn new skills.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Industrial hygiene experience preferred.
- Oil and gas industry experience an asset.
- Technology diploma or certificate in industrial hygiene, environmental technology, occupational health, public health, chemical technology, instrumentation technology or safety.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. We thank everyone in advance for their applications. However, only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Due to travel and client requirements, we request that only people fully vaccinated against COVID-19 apply.